Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/aotearoa/public_html/downloadjoomlatemplatesfree.com/templates/padlock/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 24
Step 1: Navigation
In this template the main navigation sits at the very top of the page. You should assign your main navigation module to the 'navigation' module position.
In the Joomla! sample data we have many existing menu modules to choose from, but for this demonstration we will choose the Menu module called "Main Menu" which is currently assigned to 'position-7':
Make the following changes to this module:
In the Details pane:
- set 'Show Title' to 'Hide'
- change 'Position' to 'navigation'
In the Menu Assignment pane:
- change 'Module Assignment' to 'On all pages'
In the Basic Options pane:
- change 'End Level' to 2
- change 'Show Sub-menu items' to 'Yes'
In the Advanced Options pane: (not expanded in screenshot)
- set the 'Menu Class Suffix' to " nav nav-pills" (include the space at the start) to apply proper styling to top navigation menu.
Then save the module and refresh the frontend site.
You should now see a menu at the top of the page: